Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Recent Chapter

This is the final chapter of our story... or final for now- it's up to the present!

PART IV

After we figured out how to be married, our marriage has been so much fun!!!!!!!

We bought our first house, we got our first baby (Tex!), we played house, we hosted friends, we found our INCREDIBLE church home, we had a ball!




We got our second baby (Ella!), Anthony started a new, healthier job. We made new friends and reconnected with old ones. We traveled a lot, I started a new job, and we got pregnant!





We learned to laugh at the silly things and we continued to figure each other out. We put our old "important" issues in the trash and truly became one.

We had our first child and brought him home and became a real family. We cherished time as a family and relied on the three of us even more than before.


We got pregnant again, traveled some more, and bought a new home. We had our second baby and learned how absolutely beyond blessed we are.


And now we're here. Today marks FIVE years of marriage!

Anthony has an amazing job in a leadership position making a great living. We have two absolutely precious, healthy, fantastic children. We are involved at our church and love our church family. We have great family and friends who love us and support us. We have finally realized that now it's about "our" family. The four of us. We have a beautiful home, lots of food to eat for dinner, clothes to wear, and the fights we have now are so so silly that we actually laugh at them and at each other when they are over.

We have come so far from where we were.

I am so thankful that in the midst of so much change over the past NINE years together, God allowed us to grow together. That's the secret. We were two completely different people than when we met. Those who knew us back in college wouldn't believe who we are today. We have changed SO MUCH. But as we both grew and changed- we changed in the same direction. What a blessing!

Anthony is my better half. He is my Prince Charming. He puts me before himself, and puts Jesus ahead of it all. He has become the Christian leader I only dreamed of. He is a wonderful man, an absolutely incredible father, and a truly remarkable husband. I get choked up wondering what in the world I did to deserve this guy. He is my best friend and my soulmate.

There is no one else I could imagine my life with. Anthony is my world. Once our kids are long gone, it will be us, and that chapter is going to be a blast. He can drive me nuts faster than anyone else, but he knows better than anyone what it takes to bring me back down. He puts up with my rants, my temper tantrums, and my craziness. He loves me for me. He never stops telling me that either. What a better person to spend my life with....



Anthony Robert Squillante, I love you with all of my heart and soul and mind. There is no one who I love more than you! Thanks for this wild ride so far- and I know the best is yet to come!

4 comments:

The Joiners said...

Sad that the story-telling is over but glad that the actual story is just beginning :) Happy 5th anniversary!!

Mindy Rives said...

Y'all are precious! Happy anniversary! Here's to many, many more!!!

the blogivers said...

Ditto Oliver to exactly what Amanda said :)

Leah said...

I just caught up on ALL of these, and I am inspired to share our little story too!!! I love hearing all of this stuff. :)