Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ideas...

So Anthony and I are celebrating our five year anniversary next weekend! More on that later of course...

However, we aren't supposed to be getting each other gifts. But I am 100% certain he is getting me a gift and I am 99% certain I know what it is (even though he thinks I don't know)... He told me he doesn't want me to get him anything and he will just buy himself some suits for the occasion (he is in desperate need of new custom suits).

BUT... I can't show up empty handed! So, I need ideas. Nothing big or major- just something special that is meaningful. For example, for our one year anniversary I made him a list of A,B,C's with things I love about him... Silly? Yes. But appropriate coming from the 2nd grade teacher- plus, I know he loved it- he still has it in a file in our filing cabinet :)  

So, help a sister out. My creative juices aren't really flowing. I have a couple ideas, but I could use some others...

XOXO


5 comments:

The Joiners said...

You could make him an old school mix CD with songs that remind you of him! Or you could make him some "coupons"- i.e.: picking a movie of his choice, breakfast in bed, fast food date (Brian likes those)- ha! Or you could recreate one of your first dates (or a mix of things you used to do on dates)... although that might require a trip to CS! Or you could get him his own set of plastic animals to match Jay's? Ha, obviously kidding on that one.

Hope that helps- good luck!

the blogivers said...

I'm sure this isn't a surprise, but the first 2 suggestions Amanda made were the ones I was going to make!

Mindy Rives said...

Pre-plan a date a month for the next year. Write each one in a sealed envelope and write the month on the outside of each envelope. Happy anniversary!

gigemnat said...

Use a deck of cards and come up with 52 things you love about him! Mina piggybacks the ABCs but I think it is cute. Happy Anniversary!

Brooke said...

I heard this the other day from a friend who was celebrating 5 years...a wooden back scratcher (since 5 years is wood) for the 5 year itch. It's kind of silly but cute too! I actually had never heard of the 5 year itch, ha, and obviously he doesnt have any itch but still kinda funny!