Friday, June 22, 2012

Random Thoughts...

Charley has been in sleeping UPSTAIRS in her crib all week! Since every time I talk about her sleep I jinx something, I will refrain from commenting on how she's done... :)   Is it silly that it kind of makes me feel better for both kids that they aren't up there alone? Like they have a little buddy up there too? Not that either of them realize it, but it makes me feel better...


I was just folding Charley's clothes and I must mention how much I LOOOOVE little girl's clothes. Seriously. All these cute tops and leggings and shorts and rompers. UGH. So cute!


Today at Crossfit I wasn't in the middle ability group! Woohoo! I'm never at the bottom, but I also have yet to be at the top. Until today! I was in the top in something! The standing box jump. We maxed out how high we could jump and I tied with two other girls for the highest! Yes! Must be that old volleyball player in me...


Right after Crossfit I ate a huge hamburger. And fries. And some of Jay's. And had a Dr. Pepper. It was delicious. Nothing like undoing all that hard work, though...  :/


Some days when we need something to do, I take the kids (mainly Jay- let's be honest) to the toy store and just let him play with the toys. It's free and air conditioned and gets us both out of the house. Since he doesn't understand that we could actually buy those toys, it's a WIN. Cheap and ghetto? Yes. But c'mon people, sometimes a Stay at Home Momma's gotta do what she's gotta do. We usually kill at least an hour. It's amazing and I recommend it.


For some reason EVERY time we go to my oldest sister's house, Jay poops. Every time. Her second kid, Josh, has a WEAK (or is it strong?) gag reflex, so he throws up at the smell of anything foul. This makes me laugh really hard because Jay's poop smells so beyond awful I can't even describe it. Like, we always have to light a match/candle/use spray afterwards. Always.


Jay has been telling me for two days that "got somethin in ear Momma" and pulling on his right ear. He hasn't shown any signs of ear infection otherwise, but I'm taking him in this afternoon just to check it out before the weekend. I also wonder if he might have swimmer's ear since he swims almost every day.


I love my life. I am so blessed with two amazing kids, a loving, supportive, handsome husband, a beautiful home, an incredible church home and family, and wonderful families of our own. Sometimes I get really worried that something bad is going to happen and rock my happy little world. I know I can't think like that, but when things are going so great, I get nervous. I have felt this way on and off for the past five years, so I'm pretty sure it's in my head, but I do think about it.


Both my kids are asleep right now so maybe that's why I'm in such a good mood. Oh, and those endorphines released from exercise and that burger definitely helped. :)


Happy Friday!!


3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Totally understand the nervous feeling when things are going well... been feeling that way ever since I found out I was pregnant with Davis. Good thing God is in control and we are not! :)

Annie Houston said...

We totally do the toy store thing too! And it helps figure out which toys would even be WORTH buying. Not that we ever buy them anyways:).

And I also struggle with the fear of something totally rocking our happy little world. And like Allison, it started when I was pregnant. We must pray against the devil putting fear in our lives!

Ok, have a good weekend!

Leah said...

we would be best friends if we lived down the street from each other!

I actually have a friend that I go on target dates with - we put both kids in the cart and walk around target and let our kids play with toys in the cart until it's time to leave...

we also get popcorn and diet coke. :)