Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rollin' With the Homies

So homegirl is ready to get going. For the past two weeks I haven't been able to keep her on her back. If I lay her down to play, she rolls over to her tummy. If I lay her down to change her diaper, she rolls over. This is JUST how Jay was... She LOVES tummy time (yes, I know my kids are weird like that).

So the other day Jay was napping. I had just put Charley down and was ready for my little God-given slice of heaven (aka the nap break!) when she decided she was NOT napping at that time. UGH. I was a little frustrated just because I had things I wanted to get done, and this wasn't party of MY plan.

So I brought Charley into the den and put her on her playmat while I went into the kitchen to get dinner started (I usually do all the prep during nap break- chopping, measuring, etc.. so I can throw it all together about 30 minutes before Ant comes home. Otherwise, it takes to long to do it all with two kids!).

Charley was in SUCH a good mood- just babbling away to her toys. I peeked in on her and saw her on her tummy of course, so I went back into the kitchen and waited until I heard her fuss that she was finished. Well, a good ten minutes or so went by when I realized I hadn't her fuss at all. She was still as happy as can be just talking away. So I walked around the corner and had a minor panic attack when she wasn't on her mat! Then I looked over and found her all the way over here!!!!!!


She had to have gone a good five or six rolls! Whoops! I guess she wanted to come see all the fun going on in the kitchen!

I dropped down so she could see me, and she was SO happy to see a face! I just LOOOOVE this little girl!!! Melt. My. Heart. xoxo





So beyond sad this one is blurry!!!!!


PS- She has now done this several more times... Eek! And she started pulling her knees up under her tummy... What?! Not sure if I'm ready for that!!

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

Sweet little busy girl!

Meagan said...

Such a sweet smile!!!

Sarah said...

So stinking cute!! What a happy baby!

Jenni said...

Love it! Let the fun times begin. Just a warning...don't tell Jay to stop her if you are in the other room or something. My friend did that and found big brother SITTING on his little brother to stop him! Haha...

The Joiners said...

Too cute- love that middle picture!!

J & J Brymer said...

I love her smile... reminds me of her mama!

The Moriarty Family said...

Oh goodness those are the greatest photos! Precious girl! Looking so much like big brother! Way to go CK!

Leah said...

Sam is right there with her... rollin all over the place!! She's adorable!