Monday, December 6, 2010

Strike!

So I tried to come up with a blog that is not all about Jay- and I failed. I am guessing that's because my whole life right now revolves around him 24/7!

Anyway, since I have nothing else to write about, here I go...

Jay has instituted a bottle strike. He simply (actually not simply!) refuses! He becomes ridiculously furious. He screams, turns red, flails around, and is crazy angry for a while after. Yay. I know people say that if they are hungry enough they will take one- but that is NOT true! We have tried! This boy knows what he wants! Unfortunately, this means no girls weekend for mommy, no Junior League stuff- nada! Luckily he's almost four months and will soon take a sippy cup and cereal so there is hope!

I'm refusing to do anything but nurse,
but you can't be mad at me because I'm so cute! 


 
On another note (still Jay related!), he has been doing great sleeping in his crib flat on his back! Two nights ago he slept 9 hours!!!!! 9-6! Woohoo! Normal nights it's only one wake up. I am thankful that God has allowed me to remain patient through this process. I haven't once made him cry it out (to each their own of course!) and I am so happy about that! He is doing great in his own time and this makes for a happy mommy! Yay!!

What else?? Oh, we have had some great "playdates" lately! The most recent one was trying to get 8 children to cooperate for a picture- I know, I know... But it sure was fun in the process!

Our best take- too funny! 


We also had my ten year reunion last weekend! SERIOUSLY?!? Where did time go?? It was so fun catching up with people I hadn't seen in forever! Anthony was a GREAT sport- and he definitely deserves husband of the year award since it was on HIS birthday! What a trooper!

Prom Dates 2000


Over Thanksgiving break we went and visited the Waldrops (they moved back to Grapevine this summer). We miss them DEARLY- we were spoiled having some of our best friends so close (like five streets away!). Stacy was due with Wyatt (yes, Jay will have another best friend named Wyatt!!) on Nov 22. November 25 he still wasn't here, so they induced her November 29. Wyatt made his entrance into this world and is PRECIOUS! We can't wait to meet him in person in just a few weeks!!!

Visiting the Waldrops! Come on Wyatt! 

Here he is! 


Anyway, I think that's about it for now! I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping (most of it's been done online!), and now I'm deciding on Christmas cards. They may or may NOT be late this year.. ahhhh well...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Carson's the opposite! He seems to go on a boob strike every now and then. Makes me sad, but luckily he comes back around. I think it's just when he's really, really hungry.

Jay just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Hope y'all are enjoying all the Christmas festivities with him!