Thursday, October 21, 2010

2 Months Old!

Our baby boy is 2 months old! Where the heck did the time go?? I cannot even begin to explain what a blessing Jay has been and how much we love him! I know it's so cliche and I say it often, but I love this little boy more than I could have ever imagined. He is absolutely perfect in every way and such a little angel from above.
Daddy and Jay at the Park
We had his two month doctor's appointment and it went great! We have a growing boy! He is 24.5 inches long (92nd percentile) and 12 lbs 5 oz (66th percentile)! If you remember (probably not because you aren't his mom or dad!), he was 20 inches and 7 lbs at birth- so he is definitely growing.

He got his shots (three!) and it was pretty awful! He turned crazy red and screamed- I totally teared up! But he didn't cry for a long time... just a little and I picked him up and comforted him and whined some but then fell asleep! Poor baby! He also had an oral vaccine which he liked (shocker- he loves to eat!), and we were out of there! The nurse did a FANTASTIC job of giving the shots quickly. It was almost like three at once she was so fast. This made it better that it wasn't a long drawn out process where he cried three separate times! When we got home, however, it was a different story. This poor boy was MISERABLE! He refused to eat and screamed for almost an hour straight. I gave him some Tylenol after about thirty minutes and he fell asleep after about thirty more. Poor little guy. :(

Ok, so here is the obligatory list of 2 month things....
-The past few days he has been sleeping in 5 1/2 hour plus stretches (yay!!!). He has eliminated the 2:00 feeding which makes mommy SOOO happy! And the other night he only woke up ONCE! WOOHOO!
-He smiles like it's going out of style! He has been doing this since about 5 weeks old. They started and he did about one a day. Now he smiles pretty much any time he is awake! And it's a full body smile- I LOOOOVE it!
-He also smiles while nursing. He will pull off, look at me, and flash the biggest grin ever. It is quite possibly my very favorite thing I have ever seen. Melts my heart every time!
-He wants to crawl and roll over and tries his hardest to do so! He has this arms down, push your legs and move forward thing going on. It's so cute.
-He actually likes tummy time!
-He has just started sleeping in his crib at night (still in the bouncy seat!)
-He just started taking at least one nap a day in his swing (yay for free hands!)
-He eats about every 2 1/2 hours- with awake time and sleep time between (though not necessarily in that order)
-He still loves to sleep snuggled on your chest- another favorite of mine!
-He actually will sit in his car seat at a restaurant for a LITTLE bit and hang out
-He decided he doesn't like walks that much- so poor Tex only gets small walks these days!
-He LOVES bath time!
-He is cooing a lot more! He has just started with the vowels, but he OFTEN does the ahhhh sound. I love hearing his voice- music to my ears!

I think that's it. We just love our little guy and can't even remember our lives without him (ok, well, maybe we can a little, but we wouldn't wish for that old life!). He is such a joy and our little blessing.

I am SO BEYOND thankful that I get to stay home with him. I love love love being with him all day, going on little "playdates" with friends, and hanging out with Jennifer and Jill and my mom. I am so appreciative of Anthony's hard work so that this can happen.

Happy 2 month birthday, buddy! We love you!!!

Smiling boy!! 

I couldn't resist-
Sweet little buttcrack!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Happy two months, Jay!!!