Sunday, September 19, 2010

Harder Than I Thought....

No the title is not referring to motherhood in general! While it is super hard, the payoffs are ridiculous- I get to stare at precious baby's face ALL day long and snuggle him anytime I want! :)

No, what was harder than I thought it would be was leaving my sweet baby for the first time! Thursday night I had a Junior League meeting that was mandatory for provisionals. Meaning, I HAD to go and leave my 3 1/2 week old baby! Luckily, his daddy and his Grandeb were there to take care of him. But it was also the first time I left him for more than 30 minutes! Since the meeting was scheduled from 7-9, I knew with travel time included he would need to eat- and since mommy is his bottle at this point, that wasn't going to work.

So Wednesday, while I was still home, Grandeb gave him his first bottle. He did great! We gave him 2 oz of my HARDWORK breast milk. That is ALL I had been able to pump. Well, he downed that in about 5 minutes and was NOT satisfied! Yikes! Luckily I was there and could finish feeding him- and he took me back like a good little boy!



Unfortunately, this meant that I could NOT pump enough before Thursday night. Hmmm....

So, we prepared a bottle of formula, but I planned it all out so hopefully he wouldn't need to eat. I fed him until 6:30, and I knew I could be home right around 9.

Anthony met me in a parking lot near the JL building, we switched cars, and I headed to my meeting. Except when I got in his car to drive off, I started SOBBING!!!!!!  I had no idea I would react like this! I hadn't been upset or thought of this possibility all day! I watched my husband and my baby drive off and just cried! OHMYGOSH it was so pathetic! I knew he would be in great hands, but good heavens I had no clue I would be so sad to leave my little man!

Anthony and my mom ended up feeding him 3 1/2 oz of formula- my little man was HUNGRY! He did great while I was gone (so they tell me!) which made me feel a million times better! I only texted them three times during the meeting to make sure everything was ok- which I thought was very good on my part! :)

Anyway, that is my QUICK story for today. Who knew it was so hard to blog when you have a new baby?!?

And now, I leave you with this picture from church this morning... Now can't you see why it was so hard for me to leave this sweet boy?!

5 comments:

J & J said...

he is precious- and he's got some sweet kicks!

Christina said...

I remember the first time I left Davis. It was for my birthday dinner with Forrest. I was so sad and all we did was talk about him the entire time. Good job getting out of the house, it will get easier and easier :)

Kelly said...

He is adorable:) It's okay to cry when you leave your baby:)

Andrea said...

Love that pic!

Michelle said...

Aw, sweet story!! He's precious and we need to come visit soon!