Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cool Feelings...

If you grew up in Houston in the 90's and listened to 104, you might remember the morning show and Psycho Robbie. He was a part of it when Sam Malone and Maria Todd were running the show. Psycho Robbie did a segment called "Cool Feelings."

Here are a few of his "Cool Feelings" that I googled...
-When you wake up before your alarm clock goes off and can't go back to sleep . . . that's a cool feeling.

-When you buy some chips from a vending machine and they don't release completely . . . that's a cool feeling.
-When the smoke from the barbecue pit blows in your face no matter which side of the grill you stand on . . . that's a cool feeling.
-When you're on a diet and gain weight . . . that's a cool feeling.


I used to LOVE listening to those (even though at the time I didn't get most of them).

Well, today I had two Cool Feelings that I thought I would share....
-When you are 9 1/2 months pregnant and you go to the end of the driveway to bring the smelly trashcans up in the 100 degree heat and fall off the curb and twist your ankle and hurt your wrist in front of the new neighbors... that's a cool feeling.
-When you have been working so hard to get your overweight dog to lose weight by lots of exercise and substituting green beans for dog food only to take him to the vet (while you are 9 1/2 months pregnant) and find out he has gained weight... that's a cool feeling.


So after I fell off the curb (which just happened fifteen minutes ago), I hoisted myself up- not an easy task remember- and brushed myself off. The new male neighbor across the street rushed over and a RANDOM woman driving by stopped and got out of her car to see if I was ok. Yes, this happened. I tried to laugh it off and reassure everyone that I was in fact fine and made some stupid joke about my big belly and having no balance... Then I limped and dragged those darn trashcans to the side of our house and came in and let the 9 month prego hormones take over. And I sat and cried.   :)    I am fine now and laughing about it (kind of, I just teared up again as I wrote the story), and my ankle and wrist don't hurt at all. But COME ON! Was it really necessary universe to make me FALL in those conditions and embarrass myself?!?!

And yes, I have been working so hard on getting Tex to lose weight. We walk every day (not as much as we did before the hot summer), and I have started substituting green beans for his food. And I was so excited to take him in today and weigh him. Then, I got the news that he gained three pounds. COME ON! Argh....

Needless to say I thought it would be therapeutic to write down my Cool Feelings for you all... Maybe I will make this a more regular post- who doesn't love reading about other people's irritations?!

PS- I promise I am happy and ok writing this. See?!  :)  :)  :)


UPDATE:  It is OK to laugh out loud at this post.... That is what it is hear for... It is supposed to be humorous- I PROMISE!!! :)

8 comments:

GranDeb said...

Ohhhhh! Poor Preggo Courty!! I'm so sorry about your fall....and it sounds like your dignity was hurt more than anything else...thank goodness!!!

I love you!!!

---

J & J said...

Awww shucks, I'm sorry you fell :( Sometimes, a good cry is just what the doctor ordered! Glad you weren't hurt!

Michelle said...

Oh no! So sad you fell, but glad you're okay!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness Courtney!!! I am dying laughing!!! Psycho Robby! Wow!!!

I know how you feel. 9 months preggo I took Lucy to the Dog Park, only to get knocked down by two other dogs. Everyone rushed to me and I felt like an idiot trying to laugh it off...but too fought back some tears. Ha ha!!!

I'm glad you are okay! You are almost there!!!! Jay, Jay, Jay!!!

Christina said...

Hahaha! I don't mean to laugh. I'm only laughing because you are ok, of course. Curbs are really tricky for pregnant women, they come out of no-where and you really can't prepare yourself. I'm glad you're ok.

Paula said...

oh, i'm so sorry! glad you are ok though...too bad this little incident didn't make you go into labor.

thanks for being cool enough to share this story :)

Leah said...

Hahaha, I did laugh. That was really funny! :) I am sorry you fell and that people paid attention to you when you did! :(

Jenny Jones said...

I sort-of wanted to cry for you there! I LOVE the cool feelings thing though, I think I have a million of those!!!