Monday, August 9, 2010

C'mon Doc....

I had my 38 week appointment today (well, technically it was my 37 week 6 day appointment- you get it though). And I've made a little progress- 1 1/2 cm dilated and 70% effaced! Of course I would have been perfectly happy hearing the words, "Oh my! You should just go straight down to labor and delivery and have this baby today!" Alas, those words were not said...

But on my chart it says I'm just now 37 weeks (just from what the nurses had written down- they didn't change my due date, they were just off on their counting). So when Dr. McCloskey told me I was making good progress for being 37 weeks, I reminded her that I am actually 38 weeks tomorrow. She double checked everything and made the corrections on the chart (and wasn't happy with her nurses!).

This was actually GREAT because this made her realize that since I'm further along and the baby is getting pretty big, having him early would be better. So she did whatever she could to help it along but also said that we would talk again at the next appointment and hopefully get him to come early so he won't be too huge... This is all working in my favor of getting her to induce me earlier than 41 weeks!  :) 

On another note, if anyone has any "home remedies" for inducing labor, I would LOVE to hear them! Not that I really expect old wive's tales to work, but it can't hurt trying, right?? Just to preface, I do NOT want to drink castor oil- SICK...

Happy Monday!!  :)

10 comments:

Jenn Michael said...

The two S's, sex and spicy foods:)
You are almost there Court, cant wait to see pics of the little guy!!

Christina said...

On my due date I mowed the yard. Not sure it worked, bc we still didn't have Davis till 6 days later.

Michelle said...

Get a pedicure, foot massaging in certain places is said to induce labor. Its worth a shot! :)

Courtney Robertson said...

Not that I meant to go into labor... but the day before I had Jack, I had a doctors appointment, walked all over downtown, ate mexican food, and went to an Astro's game. Are the Astro's even in town right now? Of course, I had no idea what I was doing, and it wasn't on purpose... my c-section was scheduled for a week and a half later. Too bad the Astro's won't be playing when I'm 37 weeks with Wyatt in October!!

Hopefully Dr. McCloskey worked her magic on you today :)

Emily said...

Are you so excited?!?! Little Jay will be here before you know it! Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you... we tried quite a few of the old wives tales, but nothing worked. Carson didn't want to come out, even with the doctor's help. :-) I'll be praying and thinking about you this last little stretch!

J & J said...

google says to drink castor oil- can you say ew?!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Hang in there! Oh I can't wait to see his sweet face!

The Torno's said...

Nothing worked with Tyson, but the "doctors help" worked like a charm with Hailey after 2 or 3 appointments. Had her at 39 weeks. Good luck!!

Michelle said...

Ahhh come on Jay! We can't wait any longer!!! :)

Erica said...

http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/acupressure-to-induce-labor.html

Use acupressure - it works.