Monday, August 16, 2010

Appointment

So I had my 39 Week Appointment today and we got GREAT news!! I am 2 1/2 cm dilated and 85% effaced- yay for progress! She also said that if his head was any lower he would be out of me and in my arms! My doctor actually said she was very pleased with the progress and that her gut feeling said this little boy would make his debut sometime this week! WOOHOO! But of course she reminded me that she could be wrong, which is when I said..... "So, when do we get to talk about inducing if he doesn't come this week?" And the she replied with the sweetest words I've ever heard, "Well, let's talk about it now!"

So we decided that Monday, August 23rd I will be induced if Baby Jay hasn't made his debut! That is ONE WEEK from today!!!! We are SOOOOO excited!!!! I will be 40 weeks then and since he's measuring a little big and I am feeling pretty pregnant, it is the best solution. She also said we could wait and see if he came on his own next week and then induce the following Monday (8/30), but I politely said no thank you. :)

It is SOOO crazy to think that by this time next week I will have a baby in my arms (Lord willing- that's if the labor doesn't take more than 12 hours!). I was so excited when Dr. McCloskey and I picked the date, and I definitely teared up! Ha! It's so exciting to think that 9 1/2 months of picturing what he will look like and how he will be is almost over! I have thought about this little boy so much and cannot wait to really meet him and hold him and just love on him.

I LOVED calling Anthony after my appointment! It was almost like telling him I was pregnant in the first place! I told him how the appointment went and THEN told him about being induced on Monday and he was SO excited! It was so cute! I can't wait to see him tonight and get excited again with him!!

Of course, if he came on his own this week that would still be my preference. I would LOVE to make that call to my family and friends saying, "It's time!" But I also know that I am ready to meet him, so however he decides to come is good with me!  :)

So, please keep prayers coming our way that everything will go smoothly and this little boy will have a happy, healthy entrance into the world.

We can't wait to meet our little man!

3 comments:

J & J said...

I am so excited for you! I just teared up reading this... we love you and are praying for you! Keep us posted and if you want someone to come hold a boom box playing soothing birthing music, i'm your girl ;)

Jenn Michael said...

YAY Courtney, how exciting!! I am thinking w your progress he is going to come before induction day! But you never know, he may be very comfy and not ready to leave his mommas tummy on his own:)

lauren said...

YAY Moe!!! I can't believe you and Anthony will be parents in a weeks time! I hope everything goes smoothly with your delivery, I can't wait to see pictures of your little boy!