Monday, August 2, 2010

9. Months. Pregnant.

So I remember last summer when my sweet friend Christina had a post VERY similar to this one. It was about her being 9 months pregnant and all of the fun that went with it. I remember thinking how she must not feel very great and it must be so hot for her. Now I have a WHOLE NEW APPRECIATION for how she really felt!

I am feeling HUGE! I feel like I have run out of room for this little boy. I am hot. My back hurts. My feet are killing me (though I still don't have cankles- WOOHOO!). My tummy is stretched to the max (though I have no stretch marks!). I LOOOOOVED being pregnant for 8 months. But these last few weeks have been pretty tough! I know I am not going through anything that any other mom hasn't gone through. I am still so BLESSED that I am healthy, up and moving, and everything is going great. I realize that I am complaining and a lot of you out there are thinking, "Shut up lady. You don't have a clue how bad it could be." I get that.

So that's why I am done complaining (to you guys- I will probably still complain a little to my mom and Anthony).

But honestly, I can't believe it's almost time! I mean, it could be ANY day!

I had my 37 week doctor's appointment today. I am 50-60% effaced and 1/2 cm dilated! Woohoo! hahahah I know that is NOTHING, but even if it's a LITTLE progress it still makes me feel good!  :)  Otherwise the baby and I are good and healthy. My doctor is on-call this weekend in case I should go into labor, but she sweetly told me not to count it- it will be another couple weeks...

On another note, I interviewed a FABULOUS pediatrician today! I LOOOOVE her and the group and am excited to use them!

On a final note- here is a 9 month prego pic of me! Hopefully I won't make it to a 10 month pic, but you never know...   :)

10 comments:

The Blogivers said...

I hope I look as cute as you when I'm pregnant some day! :)

Christina said...

Precious picture! What boggles me is that women, all over the world, are pregnant and taking care of babies ALL THE TIME. Seriously. Boggles the mind. It's hard work, but of course very worth it. Hope you're staying cool and relaxed. xoxo

Mindy Rives said...

You look incredible!!! Enjoy the last weeks!

Jenni said...

Lucky you for no cankles!! Enjoy your last couple of weeks...he'll be here before you know it!!

The Torno's said...

You look great, you're all baby!

Leah said...

Okay, you look SO cute! And btw, the last few weeks are THE WORST and the longest! I hope for you that your sweet baby is early!

GranDeb said...

Well, let me brag on all that you do and have done...just finished up with Junior League 3 or 4 days a week, only stopped teaching in June, still take Tex for a walk at least every morning (and it is getting sooo hot in H-town for dog walking!), still get in the floor to play with your nephews and adorable niece, nursery is perfect and super cute....you cook a yummy meal every night for your hubby....need I say more??? And you look soooo great....with just a bit of a huge belly...hahaha

Hang in there, Sweetie....Baby Jay will be here before you know it!!!

xoxox
---

lauren said...

awww...pregnancy suits you Moe...you look amazing! Can't wait to see pics of the new arrival, I'll be praying for a safe and quick delivery!

Paula said...

you may feel miserable, but you don't look it! you look adorable! i think God purposely made women miserable the last weeks of pregnancy- its the only way that we come to terms with the fact the the kid HAS to get out of there somehow...even if both options kind of stink :)

Emily said...

You look amazing and I know y'all are SO ready to meet little Jay. I can totally relate... out of nowhere you FEEL 9 months pregnant and are so uncomfortable and just can't wait to meet your little guy! Just keep telling yourself how SOON you get to meet that precious little boy that you've been carrying around for 9 months... maybe you'll get lucky and he'll decide he's ready to meet you sooner rather than later. Best wishes on this last little home stretch! It's amazing how quickly it changes once they get here!