Thursday, July 29, 2010

RIP 1st Gen iPhone

How sad....

My 1st generation iPhone is officially laid to rest today. I loved that thing. I got it for Valentine's Day 2008- that sucker lasted 2 1/2 years and is by far the longest I have ever had a cell phone. Not ONE time in the course of those 2 1/2 years did I have ONE problem. I never had to replace the battery, SIM card, restore the original settings- NOTHING. This phone ROCKED....

Until recently. It started doing funny things. I would press a button and it would pull up something else. I would dial Anthony and it called my mom. I would press the home key and it took me to my call log. So sad. It was sick and was ready to be put to sleep... I also thought I needed a little more of a reliable phone for the next few weeks... Call me crazy, but when I go into labor I need to make sure I can call the right number and get service when I need it!  :)

Before you get too excited I did NOT get the iPhone 4. As cool as it is and as much as I want it, I know they still have some things to work out on that sucker. And I can't justify spending $199 on a phone now, then spending it again in 6 months on a new one once they have all the kinks worked out. Sooooo..... I went with the iPhone 3GS... Yes, still a little old school, but it feels VERY new to me!

Anyway, that's my story of my phone... I loved the old- may it rest in peace... And welcome to the new one- you better be as cool as the legacy left by 1st Gen....

1 comment:

GranDeb said...

I am so glad you got a new phone....but honestly, I didn't really understand all that i-talk....

I just want to make sure I get "the call" in the next couple o' weeks!!

xoxox

--