Friday, June 18, 2010

Uh Oh....

The insomnia has begun!

I made it through 30 weeks of pregnancy with NO sleeping issues! Woohoo! I know I have been BLESSED to have made it this long....

But boy, am I tired lately! For the past week I have been getting some pretty terrible nights of sleep. Waking up every few hours to pee (that's been happening for a few months actually), but then I can't actually fall back to sleep like I used to! Now I roll around to try to find a comfy spot (ha!), or the tummy is rumbling because I'm so hungry, or this little boy decides it's Dance Party time! Seriously, the past four or five nights I have gone into the kitchen in the middle of the night for a granola bar, banana- ANYTHING to satisfy my growing boy! At least we know ahead of time he's going to be a middle of the night eater! And while I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dance parties, he is just downright BOOGYING in my belly!

I know they say this is your body's way of preparing for being awake every two hours once the baby comes, and I know how lucky I am to have made it this far.... I guess there will be more napping during the day (plus it's so hot inside and outside that it's about the only thing I feel like doing!).

Other than that, we've been doing well. My days are filled with routine type of stuff- Junior League most days (which is SOOO fun by the way!), and on my days off it's spent putting toys together or organizing something around the house (nesting much?!).

We finally decided on a dresser (yay!) and hope to have it SOON. Then I can actually start getting the nursery together! At this point there is not much to do since we just have piles of STUFF everywhere! Once I can put it away I will start/complete my decorating! I know exactly what I want to do and where I want everything to go- I am anxious to get it all finished!

Ok... I think I've made it long enough- it's about time for that afternoon nap!  :)

3 comments:

Leah said...

I ate cereal in the middle of the night and blogged. Good luck w/ that. Somehow the last few weeks leading up the his birth I was able to sleep better. Maybe that will happen to you! BTW you look so cute!

Kelly said...

I so remember those days...I ate cheese and saltines pretty much every night before bed so I wouldn't wake up hungry. It totally does prepare you for being awake in the night with the baby though!!

Emily said...

I feel ya!!!