Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Inconclusive!

Most of you know how BADLY I want to find out the sex of our sweet baby. This is mostly due to the fact that I can't really start looking at bedding and cute nursery designs until I know this (don't worry- I have some ideas saved up for EITHER!)... But I also want to give this baby a name and start figuring out it's little personality- plus, I'm ready to stop calling it IT. :)

I checked the Chinese Gender Prediction Calendar. There are 4 completely different ones that I have found... You can see one here if you have no clue what I'm talking about, and here is another one. Well, go figure that two came back as GIRL and two came back as BOY! I mean, are you kidding me?!?! How inconclusive is that?! It actually makes me laugh a LOT!

So then, I've been having some major BOY feelings... Every time I picture the baby in my arms or as a child or even as a grown up, it's been a boy... UNTIL... I had a dream the other night. In my dream, I delivered a beautiful little GIRL! Now I'm having girl feelings and picturing a little girl! Ack! You might not think this means a lot because it was a dream, EXCEPT for the fact that I am 4 for 4 on baby prediction dreams. I had a dream that Courtney was having a boy before she knew, and we now have sweet Jack! My sister Jennifer was pregnant and in my dream she was having a girl (yes, she ended up with Jill!). I had a dream that Christina was having a boy before she knew and now we call him Davis! Then, my girlfriend Michelle was pregnant and in my dream she had a girl- and yes, Riley is a beautiful little girl! So, as you can see, my dreams are pretty SPOT ON. Alas, my "feelings" are totally inconclusive... Story of this pregnancy apparently! :)

So listening to my ramblings, my mom bought an IntelliGender Kit from Target. You are supposed to, ahem, pee in a cup, then mix it with some crystals and swirl it around for ten seconds. After 10 minutes you check it and if the liquid and crystals turned GREEN it's a boy and YELLOW it's a girl! I thought this was a fun idea, but I assured my mom that no matter what I was NOT painting my nursery with the results of this kit! So she came over Monday night to do the test... AHHHH- you have to take your FIRST urine of the day (it says this very big and bold in the directions). So, Tuesday morning, Mom comes on over at 7 before I leave for work. Anthony, Mom, and I are all waiting for the results. We all walk in and out of the bathroom a couple of times until I cut it off and say no one is allowed to look until 10 minutes exactly!

We all crowd into the bathroom and what do we find?!?!!? DRUMROLL PLEASE......

INCONCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!  The bottom of the liquid is GREEN and I SWEAR TO YOU the top of the liquid is YELLOW! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!?

This is what we did with the test after those FABULOUS results....  


















The kit is in our trash with the dog poop and dead plants from the winter if you can't tell!

It was actually funny and now I'm convinced that when we go to our "Find Out the Sex" appointment, our baby's legs will be crossed or something ridiculous!

I am thinking that this is God's way of telling me to RELAX and just enjoy the stage I am at with this baby. There are still so many exciting things going on with IT, and I need to enjoy them for what they are! I know this pregnancy will be over before I know it, and I will be out of the comfortable pregnancy stage where I can still run and see my toes! So I'm taking a deep breath and enjoying each minute (maybe a TEENY bit still curious) while I can.

9 comments:

Chelsea & Nick said...

I think it's God's way of telling you that your're having twins... boy and girl... and didn't realize it.

Michelle said...

Sorry, I could not help but laugh! Green AND yellow? Not cool! :) I need to see that belly again soon!

Emily said...

You are hilarious! I'd heard mixed reviews about those in-home gender tests too... oh well. And the Chinese gender chart... really?!?!... I found several different ones too... what's up with that?!?! Andrew had girl dreams and everyone around here thought we were having a girl, and nope, we're getting a little boy! I guess you never know. Good luck with being patient! It'll be here before you know it! :-)

Jenn Michael said...

SO FUNNY!!! When I was preggers random chinese ladies would run up to me and tell me I was having a girl by the way I was carrying. Go get your nails done and see what they say!

Cara Jaggers said...

TWINS!!! That is great news. :) haha.

Paula said...

couple things...i agree with jenny above- go get your nails done. the girl that greets usually at bora bora felt my tummy when i was pregnant and was right about noah! second...have you tried the drano test? my boss at work is pregnant and did it. basically buy crystalized drano, pee on it and if it turns brown in less than 10 seconds its a girl and more than 10 seconds its a boy. we don't know if it was right for her yet (she's about as far along as you) but her friends swear by it!

Erin+Josh said...

oh my i laughed out loud...yellow and green! when will you know?

Sarah said...

I'm a little behind...CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you! Get ready for some fun!

Oh and the Chinese Gender chart that I always checked on thebump.com was correct!!

Courtney Squillante said...

I LOOOOVE all these comments! You guys make me laugh so hard! Chelsea- please JESUS do not let me have twins! Yikes! Pictures confirm that there is only one... but who knows?! I apparently need to try the Drano test Paula- I've heard wonders... but watch, mine will be BLUE or something insane! Jenn and Paula- I will ask the nail lady. All she told me last weekend was, "I knew you were pregnant cause you get bigger here" and pointed to my hips. Awesome. Erin I will know APRIL FOOL'S DAY! Woohoo! And Sarah- thanks! I will check that one! :) This was fun! Thanks girls!