Monday, March 15, 2010

Feeling Amazing

I can see why people say the 2nd trimester is the best one... I feel INCREDIBLE! I have almost all of my energy back (still get tired by the end of the day but it's a million times better!), I am eating regular foods again (goodbye mac and cheese!), everything feels balanced out... it's just wonderful!

I had my 16 week doctor's appointment last Thursday. Everything is looking great- baby's heartbeat is 152 and I'm still not feeling this little one move! My blood pressure was high again (thank you genetics!!!), so we will be watching that over the next few visits. The best part of the last visit was setting up the EXCITING appointment!!! April 1st we are finding out if we are having a boy or girl!! I can't wait! Please don't get your hopes up and check back here for news that day (I know YOU are ALL dying to know! haha)... We will be letting our families know over the weekend, so look for a post that following MONDAY!

Anthony and I had a really fun weekend- we laid low Friday night (and by laying low I mean Anthony was asleep by 8:30 on my parents' couch). Saturday we did housework all day and went to the rodeo with The Robertsons and lots of church friends. It was fun to spend time with everyone and get out of the house for a bit! Sunday night we went to a wedding for one of my old coworkers, Brett. The wedding was beautiful and Brett was a beautiful bride. But it was also SO FUN to get dressed up! I don't remember the last time I put on a dress and heels and got ready! Before we left we took a 16 week bump pic... It's getting bigger!! :)



Can you believe how much it's grown already?!

Today was the first day of Spring Break! I LOOOOVE being a teacher for this reason! I slept in (well, not really. I woke up at 4:30 and just really laid in bed until 8:30- the no sleeping thing is ALREADY starting!?) and then went to get breakfast from one of my favorite places- Einstein Bagels! I took some over to the Hylands (Tex came with me) and we played with the nephews and niece. Owen was in town and the whole fam was going to the livestock today (except me!). After we left Tex and I went to the neighborhood school and got on the track.

One of the things I have loved the most about feeling better this trimester is being able to work out again. I hit the track today with Tex off leash and it was perfect! I jogged and walked and it was a GORGEOUS Texas day. It was hard while I was running not to continuously thank God for the wonders of this world. The bluest sky you can imagine, 66 degrees, beautiful green grass, a precious dog, and a body that not only works while running but also growing it's own little miracle! How much better can you get?!

Top off the day with lunch with old friends and it was a perfect start to a fabulous Spring Break (well, except the 4:30 thing!)...

4 comments:

J & J said...

Wow, Courtney, this picture is so beautiful! I think this is the most gorgeous picture of you! :) Pregnancy definitely suits you!

Erin+Josh said...

I second that, you look so amazing and happy! Yay for cute baby bumps =)

The Torno's said...

Cute baby bump, and you look great!

The Moriarty Family said...

My goodness you are so cute with your lil baby bump... honestly!! I see the glow :) Lots of love, Nick, Amber, & Jonah