Friday, January 29, 2010

Kids Know it All...

So when it comes to babies and pregnancy, apparently kids know it all.... Three examples...

1) Last week my kids were looking at Guiness Book of World Records 2010 edition. There was a picture of Octo-Mom when she was pregnant. One of my boys (let's call him Sam) comes up to me, shows me the picture, and here is our conversation...
Sam: "Mrs. Squillante! Look at this lady! She must have a LOT of babies in there!"
Me: "Yes, she did. She actually had EIGHT babies in there!"
Sam: "Wow. Well, that means she must have had A LOT of the S-word!"
Excellent... Funny thing is- I wanted to tell him Octo-Mom had NONE of the s-word... hahahahah

2) When I announced my pregnancy to the class, the kids were PRECIOUS. They had lots of questions and lots of information. They were just adorable! Then, sweet Sam says, "Mrs. Squillante, I know how babies are made. So I know what this means." I told him that it was great information to have and then asked if he would please keep that to himself... Sheesh... I think Sam's parents MIGHT be talking to him quite a bit! :)

3) This week we were talking about how big the baby was. They are REALLY interested in EVERYTHING. Then, after a ten minute discussion, one of the kids says, "Mrs. Squillante- HOW do babies come out?" OH GEEZ... Immediately five hands SHOOT up. I told the child that is a discussion they can have at home with their parents, when another little boy (let's call him Greg) shouts out, "I know how! They come out of your butt! I saw it on National Geographic!!!!" Oh my gosh- the kids were PANICKING! And then there was arguing.. Mass chaos had broken out in my room... So, the only way to solve this problem with seven and eight year olds... I answered with, "No! That's not true at all! You actually BARF out your baby!" Well, this had them ROLLING on the floor hysterically, and then we came up with all the other ways babies could come out- out of your armpits, out of your nose when you sneezed, out of your finger tips like guns... PHEW- saved the day with DISGUSTING potty humor...

Anyway, if you aren't around kids often, I highly recommend it- they will keep you in stitches if you allow it!

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Chelsea & Nick said...

That is too cute!! I was cracking up as I read this because I can just HEAR kids saying this.

Erin+Josh said...

LOL out of your butt...you're going to have a fun semester!

Michelle said...

Haha that is phenomenal!!!!

Jennifer said...

I love it! I remember when Jake and Josh thought all those same things. Jake didn't really want to know, but Josh was insistent. He wasn't buying what I was selling!

Kelli said...

I love little kids! How innocent and precious! :)