Monday, November 16, 2009

It's Monday!

Oh my gosh, so after complaining of nothing to blog about, I come to school for an hour and already have two hysterical stories!

#1) My kids are spread out all over the room working on spelling words. I hear conversations that are totally off topic 90% of the time, but as long as they are working, I'm ok with that (this is coming from a perpetual talker)... HOWEVER, this morning it's a little different conversation... I overhear a boy say, "My big brother has hair around his privates." I jump up and say, "What did you say??!" He replied, "I said my brother has hair around his privates (now giggling hysterically)." All of a sudden another boy on the OTHER side of the room says, "I bet you never heard THAT at school before."     He is right. Wow.

#2) ANOTHER set of boys working on spelling words (you can always count on boys for good stories) is talking about their words. This particular group of boys are in a lower spelling group- hence they don't read their words very well. One of the boys runs up to me and says, "Mrs. Squillante! One of ****'s spelling words is TURD this week!"  I think- OHMYGOSH- did I type them wrong?! These parents are going to MURDER me! I ask them to bring me the word in question and it is in fact NOT TURD, but TIRED.... ahhhh....

It's 9:15- I think I need more coffee already!

3 comments:

GranDeb said...

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Chelsea & Nick said...

Great post!! I got a good chuckle for sure :)

Jennifer said...

I was totally laughing! Love those boys!