Thursday, October 1, 2009

Two Things to Read Today

These are two GREAT things to read today... You will need a box of tissues for the first one... And the second one I cried also (but I would bet three fourths of you won't!)....

The first one is a blog that was sent to me through a friend of a friend of the couple. It is the most touching, heartwrenching story I've ever read. Two Aggies who fell in love. Over the course of their marriage the girl was diagnosed with breast cancer. At some point she finds out she's pregnant (I don't know if she was already diagnosed with the cancer of if she found out later). She delivers the baby three weeks early and their baby Chloe is in the NICU. The week that Chloe comes home, the wife begins having seizures. Within a week of the new baby coming home, the wife dies. The blog is an account from the husband and it is the saddest, but sweetest, thing I have ever read. I encourage all of you to read this story. This is the best story of faith in God that I have ever read.
http://bandssullivan.blogspot.com/

The next one is definitely lighter! It's about the A&M quarterback Jerrod Johnson. It talks about the amazing things he stands for, how he works so hard, and his background. This guy deserves FAR MORE credit than he gets, and this will make you want to cheer for him louder!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/09/30/jerrod-johnson/

Have a great afternoon!  :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I read the first one and totally cried, but it's also a really uplifting story!

The second story is really cool! The writer was right, I didn't know anything about him, but what a great story!!!

Jenny Jones said...

Thanks for sharing! I am totally stealing and sharing with people. Hope you don't mind. :)

GranDeb said...

Those were both wonderful posts!! I have always been a fan of Jerrod's....as you know!

The other story, well, it was the most amazing tale of faith, and hope, and love!

I took this Bible verse from the context....this verse says it all:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. --Proverbs 3:5

How can it be any other way??

Love you, sweet daughter!!!