Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It Worked!

Apparently, NOT rooting for A&M this weekend REALLY helped- we got a HUGE win against those pesky Red Raiders from Lubbock! This is the first time in what feels like an ETERNITY that we beat Tech, and in Lubbock of all places! And we didn't just beat them- we crushed them! So, I will continue to NOT cheer for the Ags in hopes that it helps greatly (OR it might just be due to the fact that we are a bunch of punky freshman that can't decide when to play or when to get our butts kicked... here's hoping for success NEXT season!)....

Anyway, there is actually more that went on over our weekend than just the win, but that W deserved top billing!

Friday night Anthony had a poker tournament for a client- tough work, right? While he was doing that, I went to our Bible Class get together at the Robertsons! We stuffed goodie bags for the kids at Texas Children's which was super fun- nothing like volunteering and getting together with friends! Saturday we continued our "volunteerism" at our chuch carnival. They actually bus kids from our sister church, Impact Church of Christ, over and the Memorial CofC people help out. Anthony and I led a group around which was super fun! Our kids were older, but so respectful and sweet! We had a great time getting to know them. I was EXHAUSTED afterwards though! Here are some pics from the day... We didn't find out it was a "costume" party until the night before... I went as a nurse (thanks for the old scrubs, Andrea and Brenda!), and Anthony went as an Aggie Fan... hahaha











Such a fun weekend giving back! I have a special place in my heart for volunteering- and even to do a TINY bit this weekend made me so happy! I am excited to have more time to do more and more! It was a great starting place...  :)


2 comments:

Chelsea & Nick said...

Good for you!! That is so great. I really need to make that more of a priority in our life. It's so important... I always think, we have so much- we need to be doing THAT much for someone else, but I just never actually do it.

Justin and Julie said...

I love all of your pictures! Although, I do NOT support your cheerleading methods. Just wanted to make that point clear! ;)