Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Too Funny

So I taught my students a song about the Water Cycle. It is to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It" and it goes like this:

Water travels in a cycle yes it does
Water travels in a cycle yes it does
It goes up as evaporation
Forms clouds as condensation
Then falls down as precipitation
Yes it does!

So I told my kids if they memorized the song and could sing it to me, I would give them a ticket (we give tickets as rewards in second grade). Yesterday two of my boys told me they wanted to sing the song for me. So they start belting it out. Here is their version:

Water travels in a cycle yes it does

Water travels in a cycle yes it does
It goes up as evaporation
Forms clouds as constipation
Then falls down as precipitation
Yes it does!

I about fell over laughing... But I didn't want to hurt their feelings, so I tried to keep a straight face until they walked away. SOOOO funny!

PS- they DID get their ticket! :)

3 comments:

GranDeb said...

hahahaha They knew that word 'constipation' was important somehow, just couldn't remember for what!!!!

Michelle said...

Hahaha that is awesome!

Chelsea & Nick said...

Hi Courtney! I found your blog through Jenny & have loved catching up with you guys! I love stories like this- makes teaching totally worth it!