Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long Lost Friend



Aggieland... Oh how I've missed you...

You know the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? Well, it's true! I have totally missed Aggieland! We went up this weekend for the season opener (thanks Auntie Karen and Uncle Steve!) and enjoyed watching A&M beat up on New Mexico! We got to sit with Courtney and Justin and Jack, and had such a great time!

I have forgotten how much I love it there. The people are all so friendly and fun and wonderful. The campus brought back so many memories (even though it's very different now!). And the football game was great! It holds such a special place in my heart- it's where I met my amazing husband, found my very best friends, and had the time of my life! It's sad to think that I will never get to experience it again from that perspective, but the memories I have will last forever! 

3 comments:

Justin and Julie said...

Oh Aggieland! There's no where quite like it! Glad you enjoyed the game and a little nostalgia- and I love your dress! :)

GranDeb said...

There was never a person more ready to go away to college and more determined to get the best education and experience all college had to offer!!! And you did it all, Little Miss Courtney!!! I am soooo glad you are my sweet little Aggie....always!!!

I hoped you would dance....and you did!!!

I love you!!!
Mom

Jenny Jones said...

Courtney, I saw your post the other day on facebook with the link to your blog. I love it! Thanks for sharing. PS- I miss aggieland too...