Monday, July 20, 2009

What Does That Mean?

So, my darling husband really wanted me to post HOW he came up with the name Ella. He's been asking me to do it for about a week, and after the WONDERFUL weekend that he treated me to (more on that later), I figured that was the least I could do for him!

So... Ella is short for ELLAphant. She's gray and tiny (obviously opposite of a HUGE elephant) so we thought that was cute. Actually, that's the second reason for her name. The first is still in line with ELLAphant, but it's really because Anthony and I are proud to be Republicans and happy to represent something we believe in. Seeing as how the elephant is the symbol of the Repubs, we thought Ella was SUPER cute and sounded MUCH better than GOP as her name! We love Texas so much we named our dog Tex, and now we have our little Ella to represent another belief. You might be getting a LITTLE nervous about what we will name our kids... Jesus maybe? Hmmm... possibly. Just kidding...

Here are two more pictures of our sweet Ella. She is finally starting to sleep a little bit better through the night. We still have to lock her out for a little while, but she is definitely acclimated to her new home and loves her big brother Tex! She actually has worn him out!


4 comments:

Justin and Julie said...

So sweet! I love the explanation behind what's in a name! :)

Christina said...

Too cute, your little elephant!!!

Michelle said...

Haha your cat is so freaking cute :) I can't wait to meet her! And I'm super jealous! Maybe Ella and Snoop F.I.S.H. can be friends haha

PS You're coming sooooo soon!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Cute cute, love the story of her name!